Hakeem Al-Araibi Stands in Solidarity with Prisoners on Hunger Strike in Bahrain
2019-08-22 - 8:03 م
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Bahraini football player Hakeem Al-Araibi expressed in a tweet today his solidarity with prisoners in Bahrain.
"I stand in solidarity with the brave prisoners of conscience in Bahrain and support their legitimate demands," he said via a tweet.
Al-Araibi added "More than 600 detainees, including detained athletes and sportspeople, are on hunger strike since Sunday".
Around 200 political prisoners in Jaw Central Prison have started an open hunger strike, in solidarity with the strikers in isolation who have launched their strike since August 15.
Prisoners announced that their move comes in protest against the restrictions and discrimination they are suffering from, as well as the harsh conditions, humiliation and denial of treatment, especially against isolation prisoners.
Hakeem Al-Araibi, who was granted the Australian citizenship in a ceremony held in Melbourne in March, has gained international fame when he was arrested in Thailand during his honeymoon last year over claimed crimes in Bahrain related to Arab Spring uprisings in 2011.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth