Australian Football Player Craig Foster Continues his Meetings in Thailand in Support of Al-Araibi, Criticizes FIFA’s Statement
2019-01-22 - 11:31 م
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Australian football player and analyst Craig Foster continues his tour in Thailand in support of Hakeem Al-Araibi's case.
His tweets today included a documentation to the meetings he held in order to follow the case. He criticized in his last tweet the joint statement issued by the Asian Football Confederation, FIFA and other organizations in the football field.
FIFA had published a statement on its website, on its behalf and behalf of other organizations, through which it accused beoutQ group of piracy and said that it condemns "the pirate entity beoutQ, which continues to abuse the operations of rights holders and legitimate broadcasters through its persistent and illegal screening of events for which it has made no effort to secure the rights; the latest example of which is the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019," stressing that "the activities of beoutQ are a clear and flagrant breach of our intellectual property rights"
"We will work closely with partners and relevant authorities to enforce and uphold our intellectual property rights and put an end to this widespread piracy issue for everyone's benefit," the organizations added.
Foster had criticized in previous tweets and articles FIFA and AFC's failure in their stance in Al-Araibi's case.
He commented on the statement saying "The activities of beoutQ are a clear and flagrant breach of our intellectual property rights. How about a clear and flagrant breach of our human rights? As important?"
Foster met today with officials in the Australian embassy in Thailand and with Al-Araibi's lawyer Nadthasiri Bergman in the presence of representatives of the Asia Pacific Refugee Rights Network.
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues