Bahrain’s Commander in Chief Praised a Book about the Demolition of the Pearl Roundabout and the Killing of Protesters
2015-04-24 - 1:47 ص
Bahrain Mirror: According to the Bahrain News Agency, the Commander of the Royal Tank Battalion 15 Colonel Ali Said Buraid Al-Mansouri presented to the Bahrain Defence Force Commander-in-Chief Field Marshal, Khalifa Bin Ahmed Al Khalifa, on Thursday (April 16, 2015) a book entitled "Al-Farouq 2011".
The operation that was dubbed "Al-Farouq" was simply the operation by which Bahraini security forces crushed the pro-democracy protests in the Pearl Roundabout on March 16, 2011, backed by Saudi and Emirati forces. This attack led to a number of deaths among the protesters. During this operation, regime forces also raided Al-Salmaniya Medical Complex and brought it under military command. The Pearl Roundabout, which was the center of demonstrations that erupted in the kingdom's capital Manama, was also destroyed during this "military operation".
The government-backed agency also reported that "Al-Farouq 2011" book "sheds light on the period during Bahrain's 2011 crisis and the visits made by the BDF Commander-in-Chief to various military sites in the kingdom, authorities, ministries and local newspapers."
For his part, Marshal Khalifa Bin Ahmed Al Khalifa "praised the efforts made in compiling the book which," he said, "represents an added value to researchers, since it's a comprehensive, accurate yet simply presented work."
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus