Ombudsman Admits Presence of Number of Detainees in Isolation
2023-02-07 - 10:10 p
Bahrain Mirror: Activist Ali Mhanna said that the Ombudsman confirmed that there is a number of detainees, including his son, in isolation, although the Jaw Prison administration denied this.
Mhanna added via his Twitter account (February 5, 2023) after visiting the Ombudsman building and meeting with Secretary-General Ghada Hamid, that the latter said that "they are in isolation, but not in solitary, and they are not being punished," wondering about the meaning of "transferring the prisoners to cells without beds and making them sleep on the floor... Isn't this a punishment?"
During the meeting, Mhanna called for the need to end the isolation of the aforementioned detainees because of their suffering, noting that the Ombudsman did not provide "a convincing explanation on how this measure is not considered punitive despite everything that happened to the prisoners there," he said.
- 2023-03-28HR Organizations Call for Activating "Magnitsky Act" to Hold Perpetrators of Violations Accountable
- 2023-03-28Sayed Al-Ghuraifi Calls for Purifying Climate, Initiating Serious Dialogues
- 2023-03-28Maryam Al-Khawaja: Bahrain Regime Setting up Circumstances to Cause Death of My Father and Other Prisoners, West Government Should Move before It's Late
- 2023-03-26Sheikh Al-Sadadi Calls to Make Use of Holy Month of Ramadan to Resolve Outstanding Issues, Release Prisoners
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources