Bahrain: Security Forces Arrest Citizens, Prevents Sit-in at Beit Al Quran in Manama to Denounce the Burning of the Holy Quran
2023-01-28 - 9:21 am
Bahrain Mirror: Security forces affiliated with the Ministry of the Interior in Bahrain were present in the vicinity of the Swedish Embassy and the Beit Al Quran (House of the Quran) Museum in the capital, Manama, to prevent citizens from holding a gathering to condemn the burning of the Holy Quran.
Pictures and video clips published by activists showed the presence of dozens of security patrols on Friday (January 27, 2023) in the area to stop citizens from reaching the sit-in site, while the Al-Wefaq National Islamic Society reported that dozens of citizens heading to the sit-in were arrested.
- 2023-03-22Interior Minister Says "Open Prison" Stage will Begin in Ramadan
- 2023-03-22Finance Ministry: Bahrain's Public Debt Amounts to BD16.7 Billion
- 2023-03-20Abdulwahab Hussein Calls for Dedicating Day to Prisoners to be Commemorated Annually
- 2023-03-19Bahrain Almost Ignited Crisis with Cyprus by Raising Flag of Cypriot Territory occupied by Turkey in IPU Meetings
- 2023-03-17Sarhan: Families of 138 Detained Children Complains about Delay in Applying Article 87 of Restorative Justice for Children