Mohammad bin Zayed Elected as UAE President after Demise of Khalifa bin Zayed
2022-05-15 - 11:12 am
Bahrain Mirror: The Kuwaiti New Agency announced on Saturday (May 14, 2022) that the Kuwaiti Higher Federal Council elected Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, Mohmmad bin Zayed Al Nahyan, as UAE president.
The council, which includes the rulers of the seven emirates, elected Mohmmad bin Zayed one day after the demise of the UAE President Khalifa bin Zayed, who had been out of sight for years due to his health condition.
The election of the 61-year-old Mohammad bin Zayed was not a surprise as the strong man has been ruling the Emirates for years.
- 2022-07-07Israel Reaches Record Trade Increase With Arab States Under Abraham Accords
- 2022-06-10Israeli PM Bennett Visits Abu Dhabi, Meets with UAE President
- 2022-06-10Israelis to be Allowed into Qatar for World Cup, Officials Say
- 2022-06-06Biden should not Visit Saudi, Meet Crown Prince: US Lawmaker Adam Schiff
- 2022-06-01Israel Signs UAE Free Trade Deal, Its First in Arab World