Condemning Occupation Crimes in Palestine not Mentioned in Bahrain's Friday Sermons: Former MP
2022-04-18 - 9:17 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Former Muslim Brotherhood MP, Mohammed Khalid, publicly complained about the lack of dua'a for Palestine in Friday sermons at the mosques he attends.
"How painful it is for us to go through the Friday sermon without hearing the name of Palestine, or prayers for our brothers in the Al-Aqsa Mosque," he stressed.
The MP went on to say in a video clip: "Although the sanctity of the Al-Aqsa Mosque was violated in the holy month of Ramadan and on Friday, this did not stir the feelings of the preachers. This is a disaster! May Allah reward all those who spoke up and sent their prayers."
Khalid criticized some of the preachers who did not address what happened in the Al-Aqsa Mosque, adding that "They didn't even pray for it?"
Mohammed Khalid's words may reveal part of what the government is doing through the Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments, by directly intervening in a number of Friday sermons, especially in Sunni mosques among other mosques, by controlling the opinions put out by a large section of Friday sermons and preachers.
Khalid, who represented Al-Menbar society in two parliamentary sessions (2002-2006), raised doubts about the instructions or circulars of the Ministry of Justice to not address any matters related to the Palestinian issue.
Have the authorities in Bahrain prevented the preachers from speaking about Palestine or praying for its people, forcing the religious platform to accept normalization?
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations