Crown Prince Directs to Form Committee to Investigate Circumstances of Inmate's Death
2022-02-11 - 5:18 p
Bahrain Mirror: Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, directed (on February 10, 2022) the Minister of Interior Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa, to form a committee tasked with investigating the circumstances of an inmate's death who had been arrested on various criminal charges.
He further directed the Minister to submit their findings and undertake the necessary legal measures to address any violation, or dereliction of duty, according to Bahrain News Agency.
On February 9, 2022, the Interior Ministry announced the death of a convict arrested on criminal charges "after being transferred to the hospital due to a sudden heart stroke," indicating that the deceased was sentenced to life imprisonment in addition to 12 years in jail in cases of deliberate murder and robbery.
On February 10, 2022, the Interior Ministry said that an inmate, 53, committed suicide. It explained that the inmate was in the quarantine of the Reformation and Rehabilitation Centre in the Dry Dock after attending a medical appointment at the Salmaniya Medical Complex, noting that the deceased was sentenced to 16 years and three months for criminal cases, including murder and a threat using a weapon.He suffered from psychological diseases and attempted suicide several times.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations