Bahrain Communicating with Israel's New Government
2021-06-18 - 3:19 am
Bahrain Mirror: Bahrain's minister of foreign affairs, Abdullatif Al-Zayani, said on Wednesday the kingdom is communicating with Israel's new government to learn about its policy on the efforts aiming to bring peace to the region by settling the Palestinian issue in line with the two-state solution, Reuters reported.
The communications are "driven by the Kingdom's approach which is based on understanding, dialogue and cooperation among people," the foreign ministry said in a statement.
Bahrain's crown prince on Monday congratulated Israel's new Prime Minister, Naftali Bennett, expressing his wishes of success to the newly formed government.
Bennett thanked the Crown Prince for his warm wishes and added, "I look forward to working with you on expanding our cooperation in pursuit of advancing peace, prosperity and security for both our peoples," according to an Israeli website.
Bahrain is one of several Arab countries that agreed to normalize relations with Israel as part of the Abraham Accords that were initiated by the Trump administration in the US.
Last week it was reported that the Biden administration is laying the groundwork for a renewed push to encourage more Arab countries to sign accords with Israel and working to strengthen existing deals.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations