Turkey Strongly Condemns Decision by Bahrain to Establish Diplomatic Ties with Israel
2020-09-12 - 7:13 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemned the decision by Bahrain to establish diplomatic ties with Israel.
It said in a statement that the deal contradicts the commitments made under the Arab Peace Initiative and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), adding that this step will deliver a fresh blow to the efforts to defend the Palestinian cause and will further encourage Israel to continue its illegitimate practices toward Palestinians.
The statement emphasized that the only way to achieve lasting peace and stability in the Middle East is through a fair and comprehensive solution to the Palestinian issue within the framework of international law and U.N. resolutions.
US Donald Trump announced earlier on Friday that Bahrain has followed the UAE in normalizing relations with Israel.
Bahrain Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that Trump and King Hamad bin Isa agreed via a phone call establishing full diplomatic ties between Tel Aviv and Manama, Bahrain official news agency reported.
It is to mention that Bahrain is the fourth Arab state to normalize relations with Israel, after Egypt, Jordan and the UAE.
- 2023-06-08Bahrain Stripped of FEI Endurance World Championship Title After Tribunal Decision
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges