Despite Gulf Criticism of Istanbul, Bahrain Intensifies Import of Turkish Weapons Systems
2020-06-17 - 6:20 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Lies Refutation Observatory at the Anadolu Agency ridiculed the campaigns of Gulf tweeters who called for boycotting Turkish goods. The observatory said that a Turkish military company is stepping up its activities to sell military equipment especially to Bahrain.
It explained that "over the past few months, we find that the Turkish Defense and Technology Company ASELSAN of the Turkish Armed Forces, signed last May a contract to supply remote-controlled weapons systems for the Bahraini navy."
"ASELSAN plans to make further investments and enhance its field of activities in the member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) in general and the Kingdom of Bahrain in particular," a statement by the company said.
Turkey stands with Qatar in the Gulf rift and has military forces in Doha. It is against Libya, where it currently controls the situation there.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth