Bahrain Condemns Turkish Attack on Syria's Sovereignty
2019-10-10 - 4:33 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Bahrain strongly condemned the military attack by the Republic of Turkey on areas in the north-east of the brotherly Syrian Arab Republic, which is a violation of the international law rules and an attack on the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Syria.
"While supporting the call for an emergency meeting of the Council of the Arab League to take a unified Arab position towards this aggression, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls on the Security Council to accelerate its responsibilities in confronting this attack, in order to maintain peace and security and to provide a supportive atmosphere to continue efforts aimed at finding a peaceful solution in Syria based on the Principles of the declaration of Geneva and Security Council Resolution (2254), in a manner that preserves Syria's preserve its sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity," the ministry said in a statement.
An official source at the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that his country condemns the Turkish military's offensive in northeastern Syria, deeming it a "flagrant" attack against the country's unity, independence and sovereignty.
The source expressed the Kingdom's concern over the offensive, saying it undermines international efforts to combat the ISIS terrorist group in Syria, reported the Saudi Press Agency.
The source stressed the need to secure the safety of the brotherly Syrian people and safeguard the stability and territorial integrity of Syria.
Dismissing the excuses declared by Turkey to justify its attack, the source warned that the offensive will negatively impact the security and stability of the region.
- 2023-05-27Sheikh Ali Rahma: Scholars Don't Intend to Harass Anyone When Performing their Legitimate Duty
- 2023-05-27Palestinian Prisoners Information Office Pays Tribute to Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-27900 Unemployed Bahraini Engineers, Gov't Still Refuses Bahrainization of Jobs
- 2023-05-27Diraz: Mass Protest after Friday Prayer Condemning Sheikh Sanqour's Arrest, Normalization with Zionists
- 2023-05-25Four Detained Scholars Including Al-Wefaq Secretary-General: Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour's Arrest Aims at Silencing Voice of Truth