Ministers of Finance and Industry Hold Meeting with Chamber of Commerce to Discuss VAT Implementation
2018-12-25 - 8:51 p
Bahrain Mirror: An official statement said that Finance Minister Salman bin Khalifa Al Khalifa and Minister of Industry Zayed Al-Zayani will hold a meeting with Chamber of Commerce and Industry today to discuss the implementation of the Value Added Tax (VAT). The meeting follows royal directives issued by King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa to review the VAT implementation mechanisms.
The statement explained that the aim of the meeting is "to take the opinion of the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry on the mechanisms of applying VAT during the trial period fot its launch."
For his part, Minister of Industry Zayed Al-Zayani, chaired an emergency meeting with the Consumer Protection Department on price control procedures and the exemptions of basic goods and services from VAT.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations