Appeal Court Rejects Appeals of 10 Defendants in “Al-Basta Group” Case, Upholds Sentences against them
2018-03-07 - 9:58 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Appeal Court rejected on Wednesday (March 7, 2018) the appeals of 10 suspects in "Al-Basta Group", and upheld life sentences against 4, 15-year jail term against 5 and 10-year jail term against another and rulings revoking the citizenships of nine defendants.
The first-instance court issued on Monday (October 30, 2017) life prison sentence against each of "Sayed Mortada Al-Sanadi, Hussein Abdulwahab, Mohammad Fakhrawi, Ali Fakhrawi, Ali Al-Mearaj, Mohammad Saleh Isa, Zuheir Jassim Mohammad, Ali Jassim Ashour, and revoked their citizenships.
The court also issued 15-year jail term against each of "Ibrahim Jaafar Hassan, Hamid Ali Mansour, Mohammad Ahmad Serhan, Mohammad Abduljalil Al-Seba'a, Mahmoud Abdulrida Hassan (Al-Jaziri) and Mohammad Abdulaziz Al-Daqqaq" and stripped their citizenships.
The court also issued 15-year jail term against Isa Saleh Isa and 10-year jail term against each of Sayed Kassim Majid and Sheikh Isa Al-Qaffas and a 10.000 BD fine for each.
The authorities accuse the suspects of establishing "Al-Basta Group" for collaborating with Iran, Iran's Revolutionary Guard and Hezbollah.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus