Sayed Mahdi Al-Mosawi Released after Serving 5 Years in Prison
2016-05-01 - 10:38 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahraini authorities released on Friday (April 29, 2016) Shiite cleric Sayed Mahdi Al-Mosawi who had served a 5-year prison term.
Al-Mosawi was sentenced to prison along with a group of senior officials in the Islamic Action Society (Amal), including sheikh Ali Mahfouz. Al-Mosawi was sentenced to 10 years in prison; however, the court of appeals commuted his sentence on November 28, 2012 to 5 years.
The authorities released on March 17, 2016 Sheikh Jassim Al-Damestani after he had served 5 years in prison. Sheikh Mohammad Ali Al-Mahfouz is also expected to be released in a few days.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus