Five Dissidents Sentenced to Life In Prison Including 4 from Same Family
2016-04-28 - 3:43 p
Bahrain Mirror: A Bahraini court sentenced on Tuesday (April 26, 2016) 5 dissidents, 4 of whom are from the same family, to life imprisonment over charges of attempting to smuggle explosives.
The court issued this sentence against Mohammad Ahmad Al-Moemen, Akil Abdullah Al-Moemen, Yousif Ali Al-Moemen and Sadiq Ali Al-Moemen, although they stressed that they were forced to make confessions under torture.
For its part, the Public Prosecution claimed that "it relied on the suspects' confessions and technical evidence."
It is to mention that the 4 suspects are relatives of martyr Ali Al-Moemen who was killed when the police and army attacked protestors gathered at the Lualua Roundabout on February 17, 2011.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus