Bahraini Women Sentenced to 3 Months in Prison for Demanding Release of her Detained Son
2016-04-28 - 3:31 p
Bahrain Mirror: Member of Bahrain Center for Human Rights, Hussain Radhi, said a court sentenced Laila Mansour Marzooq, from Bani Jamra, to 3 months in prison for standing outside a police station demanding the release of her son.
The court sentenced the mother of detainee Mohammad Jaafar Fateel to 3 months in prison. It is to note that a court had already sentenced Fateel to 10 years in prison with a 200 BD bail to stop the execution of the sentence over charges of insulting the king and an government employee.
The security authorities arrested Marzooq from outside Al-Budai police station after she protested demanding the release of her imprisoned son (May 7, 2015).
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus