Appeals Court to Issue Verdict in Taymour Karimi
2016-04-19 - 11:27 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Second High Criminal (Appeals) Court, presided over by judge Ibrahim Al-Zayed with the memberships of judges Wajih Al-Shaer and Ayman Mahran and Youssef Bou Hardan as secretariat, set May 23, 2016 as a date for issuing a verdict, concerning the expulsion of lawyer Taymour Karimi after his citizenship was revoked alongside 30 other Bahrainis.
During the hearing, lawyer Taymour Karimi appeared in court with lawyer Mohammad Madan. Meanwhile, the prosecutor requested delaying the session to bring evidence that proves the revocation of Karimi's citizenship.
The Minor Criminal Court on October 28, 2014, decided to expel 10 people stripped of their nationalities from the country and fine each one of them 100 BD. The court ordered the expulsion of: Mariam Al-Sayed Ibrahim, Ismail Khalil Darwish, Ibrahim Khalil Darwish, Adnan Ahmad Ali Haji, Habib Darwish Mousa Ghaloum, Sayed Abdulnabi Abdulrida Al-Musawi, Sayed Abdulamir Abdulrida Al-Musawi, Ibrahim Ghaloum Hussein Karimi, Sayed Mohammad Ali Abdulrida and Taymour Karimi.
Taymour Karimi, alongside nine others, was accused of violating the law of residence in the country, following the decision to strip him of his Bahraini citizenship.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus