Photographer Ahmed Al-Fardan Released after Serving 3-Month Jail Sentence
2016-04-19 - 11:18 p
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): The Bahraini authorities released on Monday (April 18, 2016) photographer Ahmed Al-Fardan after serving a 3-month jail term over taking part in an assembly.
Reporters Without Borders (RSF) had condemned on (February 3, 2016) a Manama appeal court decision upholding Al-Fardan's jail sentence and called on the Bahraini authorities to stop such practices, which are designed to intimidate independent journalists, and to free all journalists held on trumped-up charges.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
comments powered by Disqus