British Foreign Secretary: We Raised Sharif’s Case with Bahrain…We Call for Protecting Freedom of Expression
2016-03-04 - 9:37 p
Bahrain Mirror: The British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said that his country raised the case of opposition leader, Ebrahim Sharif, with government of Bahrain.
In response to a question asked by MP Hilary Benn, he said: "We regularly discuss human rights and reform with the Government of Bahrain, and call on the Bahraini Government to act proportionately in all such cases to protect the universal rights of freedom of expression and assembly."
"I most recently raised the issue of human rights when I met with the Bahraini Foreign Minister on 4 February," he added.
- 2023-03-24Gov't to Refer General Budget to House of Representatives on Monday: Sources
- 2023-03-24On Int'l Day for the Right to the Truth, Salam Demands Revealing Violations
- 2023-03-24US State Department on HR Conditions in Bahrain: Ongoing Torture, Discrimination against Shiites
- 2023-03-23More than 30 Lawyers File Complaints to Prosecute Citizen under Pretext of "offending them"
- 2023-03-23NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
comments powered by Disqus