Bahraini King Meets PM & CP to Discuss Cabinet & Financial Situation
2015-09-21 - 11:18 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Bahrain News Agency (BNA) announced that King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa met with his uncle, Prime Minister, Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa in the presence of Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa in the Gudaibiya Palace Sunday morning (September 20, 2015).
BNA said "The meeting was held to discuss the requirements of the current stage in light of the financial situation to restructure governmental departments by merging some ministries and reducing the number of governmental bodies in order to ensure the reduction of public spending wherever possible and maintain the requisite financial stability and the interests of the nation and citizens."
Bahrain now faces a financial crisis in light of the enormous government spending on the security apparatuses, its participation in war on Yemen and its desire to follow austerity measures in private spending with regards to the subsidies on some commodities that citizens and residents benefit from.
- 2023-06-06British MP Charged with Racially Aggravated Public Order Offence
- 2023-06-05Sheikh Al-Daihi: No One can Silence Bahraini People's Voice with Imprisonment, Torture and Killing
- 2023-06-05Friday Sermons at Imam Al-Sadiq Mosque Contains "Legal Violations", Justice Ministry Claims
- 2023-06-05Saudi Arabia Executes 3 Youths from Qatif over Fabricated Charges
- 2023-06-04MoI Threatens Al-Markh and Karimi Obsequies of Using Force if They Hold Events Commemorating Imam Khomeini
comments powered by Disqus