Bahrain Sentences a Former MP to One Year in Prison
2015-05-28 - 1:32 am
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): A Bahraini court sentenced on Tuesday (May 26, 2015) the former Member of Parliament, Khaled Abdel Aal, to one year in prison after convicting him over charges of posting tweets that insult the ministry of interior.
The Public Prosecution, for its part, had already interrogated him over tweets he posted previously, by which he spoke of the abuses exercised by the ministry of interior against the protestors and their villages.
Meanwhile, an appellate court approved, last week, sentencing the prominent human rights defender, Nabeel Rajab, to six months in prison over the same charge.
- 2023-03-29British MPs Launch Motion to Release Detained Figures in Bahrain on their 12th Anniversary of their Imprisonment
- 2023-03-29Bahrain Summons Iraqi Charge d'affaires over Breaching Diplomatic Norms
- 2023-03-29Saudi Ambassador Hosts his Iranian Counterpart to Iftar Banquet
- 2023-03-29Saudi Crown Prince, Chinese President Stress "Importance of Strategic Relations with Iran"
- 2023-03-29Bahraini Delegation to Visit Iran as Part of Diplomatic Efforts to Strengthen Relations
comments powered by Disqus